Me, Myelf and I

Lomo ON was started all the way back in April 2010. I am Jason and I am not a Lomographer nor a photographer. I knew nothing about taking pics and I think is the waste of time and money. Its not environment friendly too to use film and all those pics from digital cameras are wasting our computers' disk space. I just love to sell camera stuffs. Selling is my hobby. Maybe one day, you can see me selling nasi lemak in a pasar malam near you. But something weird happen to me since a few years ago.. Sometimes, although I can feel I am moving around, carry on with my daily activities, I am not sure what am I doing. Its like someone has taken over my body. Am i suffering from dissociative identity disorder, split personality? Whenever I am awake like now, I always found lots of unusual pics in my computer. Some pics of myself and some pics of people I dont even know. And sometimes, those pics are really pointless at all. I have no idea why there are people wasting money taking pics of animals, buildings, or even trees.. Oh gosh, as if they know how to smile and say cheese... I am pretty sure those pics were not taken by me. Please follow my blog and find out what's going on with me. I can smell something fishy...

Labels

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Not a Compact. Not an SLR... It's a PEN

Jason
I am now in a quest of getting a new digital camera. Been doing a lot and a lot and I mean a lot of researches on which camera to get. Currently, there are 3 cameras  in my mind, which is the Olympus E-P2, Nikon D3100 and the Sony Nex 3. Olympus E-P2 is leading miles ahead now.  :)


Pen e-p2


Why I like the Olympus E-P2?
  1. I am not a very pro photographer and I am kinda sure that I will not spend too much money on my hobby. There will always be a limit for me on my spending for my hobbies. So I will not get a DSLR and spend more money in the future to get more lens. So, I will just get a E-P2 and maybe if I really want more lens in the future for the camera, I can get those cheap OM lens or even vintage Russian lens. Cheap. 
  2. Manual focussing is fun. Just like those old skool camera. 
  3. I am very much in love with the retro look of the camera. The camera body is like an old skool film camera and with the metal body, its a portable tank that fits in your pocket (a big pocket).
  4. The dual control dials and lots of buttons for external control. Its easy to access to most of the functions.  
  5. The size of the camera compared to the DSLRs. 
  6. The art filters. I really love the art filters a lot. Especially the cross process and grainy film. I saw some of the photos uploaded in Flickr and its very nice. 
  7. I can get the electronic viewfinder for it in the future and the electronic viewfinder is very well built.
  8. Great DSLR like image quality.
  9. In body image stabilization.
  10. And lots of other stuffs to play with especially the high quality video mode and to take videos coupled with the art filters which is very interesting.
  11. Very cool Kevin Spacey advertisement.  :p  Camera chow, picture wow.
  12. Nikon D3100 does not have the Auto Exposure Bracketing function.
  13. Nex 3's big LCD screen that will consume the battery very quickly. The body is too small and feels like a compact camera. No dedicated buttons and involve lots of digging in the menu to get to the functions you want. No hot shoe for flash too.
Anyway, I am still waiting for the rumored Olympus E-P3 too. 




So, what do you think. Any Olympus Pen user here?


From your favourite trusted seller,
Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment